Learning & Pastoral Mentor
Grade: G5 (£16,545 pro rata)
School’s Salary: Grade 5, Pt 12
Working hours: 12 hours per week, term time only (39 weeks pa)
GHF is a good school and a brilliant place to work! We take great pride in our church school ethos and our environment is a very caring, nurturing one, where we value the achievements of everyone. We are looking to a appoint a Learning Mentor to support the Senior Leadership Team with pastoral care and support for pupils to enable them to have full access to educational opportunities and assist in removing barriers to learning.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to build meaningful relationships with pupils who may display a variety of needs. You will need to be able to effectively communicate with staff, parents and external professionals to ensure that the needs of the children are met and they are safe at all times.
The role will primarily be a pastoral role, working to find strategies to overcome barriers to learning such as behavioural difficulties, poor attendance, lack of self-confidence, self-esteem or other difficulties which a child may be facing. Your responsibilities will involve liaising with the child, teachers, senior leadership, SENDCo, parents and external professionals to ensure that a child’s personal well-being is improved and maintained.
- Provide pastoral support for pupils and assess individual needs.
- Work in partnership to draw up and implement appropriate support plans.
- Develop 1:1 relationships with children needing particular support, where necessary.
- Mentor children with barriers to learning.
- Build Home-School links and contribute to the Early Help provision.
The successful candidate will:
- Have relevant experience;
- Be passionate about education and improving children’s lives;
- Be a friendly, hardworking, team player;
- Be able to show initiative;
- Promote the agreed vision and aims of the school;
- Committed to helping every child learn and be the best they can be.
At GHF, we can offer you:
- Fantastic pupils
- A friendly, positive and caring Christian ethos
- A well-resourced and attractive learning environment
- A highly committed, caring and extremely motivated team to support you
- Great support and opportunities for your professional development
Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Mrs Nicholson in our School Office, to make an appointment.
Application form and further details are available below.
Closing date and shortlisting: noon, Monday 4th December 2017
Interviews will be held: w/c 11th December 2017
This school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service Disclosure.