Spring Term Curriculum and Learning
Information for parents about what pupils are learning this term.
Happy New Year! It is lovely to see all the children back in school after a super Christmas holiday.
We started the new term off with our ‘It’s a Masterpiece’ Arts Week, focussing on improving our drawing skills to produce some excellent work. Each class has been at a different still life masterpiece and they are busy carefully selecting objects to arrange for their own still life composition. It’s clear the children are enjoying this and we are looking forward to seeing all their wonderful work which will be on display throughout the school corridors in the next couple of couple. We will make sure that parents have an opportunity to look at the work too.
Next week, all the children will start their new topics for the term and there will be lots of geography work focussing on the physical nature of our wonderful planet. Here are the Big Questions and links to curriculum newsletters for parents with details of what the children will be learning.
- Year 5/6 – Upper Key Stage 2 – What makes the Earth angry?
- Year 3/4 – Lower Key Stage 2 – Why is water important?
- Year 1/2 - Key Stage 1 – Where have all the leaves gone?
- Reception class newsletter
Here are some of the events we are looking forward to this term:
- Young Voices – Friday 11th January
- Y5/6 workshops with Paralympian Sam Ruddock – Mon 21st January
- Sarah Outen Assembly – Tuesday 22nd January
- Y3/4 Living Faith trip – Wed 23rd and Thurs 24th January
- Swimarathon – Saturday 2nd February
- Safer Internet Day – Tues 5th February
- Swim Gala – Wed 6th March
- Legacy Tour Assembly – Tuesday 12th February
- Infants Great Wood Farm Lambing visits - Thurs 7th and Fri 8th March
- TakeOver Day – Friday 8th March
- Science Week – w/c 11th March
- Grantham Music Festival – Wednesday 13th March
- Red Nose Day – Friday 15th March
- Parents Eves – 19th and 20th March
- KS1 have baby chicks – w/c 25th March
- Y4 Church Schools’ Festival – Tuesday 2nd April
- Y3/4 Performances- Wednesday 3rd April
- KS2 Easter Service at St. Sebs – Thursday 4th April
- Infant Easter Service in school – Friday 5th April
Parents should also look out for an invite to their child’s class assembly this term and details of clubs their child can attend.
Parents can keep up to date with school events via the School Calendar.
Class Assembly Dates:
- Defoe – 17th January
- Carroll – 24th January
- Blyton – 31st January
- Dahl – 7th February
- King-Smith – 14th February
- Lewis – 28th February
- Potter – 7th March
- Ahlberg – 14th March
- Sendak – 21st March
- Carle – 28th March