We are committed to meeting the educational needs of all our pupils and some of our children will need additional support. A Special Educational Need (SEN) is a difficulty or barrier that affects a child's ability to learn and to access the curriculum. A Disability is a long term health condition which causes a difficulty or barrier to learn or to access the curriculum.
We will facilitate the support of these pupils by following these objectives:
- Involve parents/carers as partners
- Provide, provision for meeting pupils’ special educational needs, the setting and marking of work appropriate to the individual need of the child, and where necessary through the development of individual or group learning programmes
- Foster and maintain links with all outside agencies, educational support services, secondary and special schools
- Initiate and facilitate staff development programmes concerned with special educational needs
- Ensure that our school provides for equal access in line with the Disability Discrimination Act
Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator is Mrs Geraghty. Parents can contact her via the school office or by telephone on 01476 565800.
The Children and Families Bill 2013
The Children and Families Bill reformed the systems for adoption, looked after children, family justice and special educational needs (SEN).
The Bill extended the SEN system from birth to 25, giving children, young people and their parents/carers greater control and choice in decision-making about SEN and ensures their needs are properly met and appropriate progress is made.
The following Information Report is Gonerby Hill Foot Primary School’s response to specifically devised questions and gives an overview to parents/carers of all the services normally available at school to support children with SEN and those with a disability.
Download our full SEND Policy below.
Download our SEND Information Report below.
Lincolnshire’s Family Services Directory (FSD) is the home of Lincolnshire’s Local Offer. The FSD provides everything parents need to know about Education, Social Care, Health, information on parent support and activities for Children and young people (0-25 with a Special Educational Need and/or Disability) and their families.