Vision and Values
Following in God’s footsteps,
Together we grow and flourish
To be the best we can be.
Our Ethos and Aims
Recognising our historic foundation, Gonerby Hill Foot Church of England Primary School will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the teaching of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level.
Our school aims to serve the community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. We encourage an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promote Christian values through the experience we offer to all our pupils.
We aim to:
- Create a safe, caring, supportive, stimulating and Christian ethos and environment in which individuals can develop;
- Value each child as an individual;
- Achieve high standards by challenging and exciting each child to reach their full potential;
- Encourage a love for and an enjoyment of learning;
- Help children acquire knowledge, skills and understanding relevant to adult life and employment in a changing world;
- Help children develop personal moral values, respect for religious values and an understanding of other races, religions and ways of life;
- Help children understand the world in which they live and their responsibilities within it;
- Develop a sense of awe and wonder;
- Ensure the curriculum offers a breadth of experience and equality of opportunity for all children.
We are a friendly school with a strong Christian ethos. Our inclusive character values the excellent relationships between the school, parents and the community in which each child is treated as an individual and is valued. We encourage children to work together valuing relationships they make as lifelong learners. We provide creative first hand learning opportunities that lead to high quality education with children at the centre of all we do.
Alongside promoting our six core values of compassion, service, forgiveness, community, individuality and excellence, we also promote British Values. All schools must ensure they teach pupils about democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance for those of different faiths and beliefs and we do this throughout our curriculum and collective worship.
You can find out more about British Values here.