Summer Term Curriculum and Learning
Find out what pupils are learning this summer term.
The summer term topics are well underway and the children are looking forward to a busy term of exciting events and trips. The Y3/4 pupils have already enjoyed a Viking Tale performed by a theatre company to launch their topic and our reception pupils have been fascinated by the frog spawn in our pond - which they have taken back to their classrooms so they can watch its transformation. In addition to the main topics, the summer term is when we also focus on keeping healthy and safe and we have some exciting work on food planned as well as a lot of sporting activities. In addition, our Y5 pupils are taking part in Bikeability and our Reception pupils are taking part in Balanceability.
Here are the Big Questions and links to curriculum newsletters for parents with details of what the children will be learning about.
Year 5/6 – Upper Key Stage 2 - Does the punishment always fit the crime? And, Shakespeare
Year 3/4 – Lower Key Stage 2 – Were the Vikings vicious?
Year 1/2 - Key Stage 1 – Why do we like to be beside the seaside?
Reception summer term newsletter
We are also looking forward to:
- Y5 Bikeability w/c 8th May
- Y5/6 trip to Galleries of Justice – 22nd May
- Y3 Cricket trip to Belvoir – 24th May
- Root to Food workshops – 13th and 15th June
- Y6 Stratford Residential – 14th June
- Reception visit to White Post Farm – 14th June
- Y4 Kingswood Residential – 19th June
- Book Fair - 20th-27th June
- Inspire+ Mini Olympics - 21st June
- Y1/2 visit to Mablethorpe – 27th June
- Sports Days – w/c 3rd July
- Y5/6 performance, Shakespeare Rocks w/c 10th July
- Summer Fair – 14th July
- Transition Day where pupils visit their new classes – 17th July
- Y6 Leavers Service on 19th July
The summer term is also the time when both statutory and non-statutory testing takes place:
- Y2 SATs take place during May
- Y6 SATs take place w/c 8th May with on-going writing assessment
- Y1 statutory Phonics Screen w/c 12th June
- Y3-4 non statutory tests take place during June
The children's end of year reports go out in the w/c 10th July.